Before I get into writing this post, let me just say: I HAVE SO MUCH NEW STUFF IN THE SHOP!
And it’s Black Friday / Small Business Saturday / Cyber Monday weekend! So, in addition to the usual Free US Shipping for orders of $75+, use code SHOPSMALL2017 before Monday for 10% orders of 3 pins or more. Combine those two? Go for it.
It’s late at night on Thanksgiving, and one of the things I’m thankful for every year – aside from my incredible family and friends – is that I get to be creative for a living. Though it’s not without its at-times-soul-crushing challenges, I wanted to take a moment to share some of my proudest recent achievements!
WHAT WILL GROW? was selected for the prestigious Original Art 2017 museum exhibit and catalog at the Society of Illustrators in New York City. See the show up through the end of the year!
- My art exhibit at Rotofugi (which you can see online here) was a blast – I got to have my first Chicago solo show, and reconnect with childhood friends at the same time!
- I just finalized a year and a half of work on my next picture book, BALANCE THE BIRDS! (Coming Fall 2018!)
- My shop was recently featured in Good Housekeeping, Time Out New York, and Organic Life! (Thank you, Lucky 13!)
- This year, I got to collaborate with some of my favorite companies, shops, art galleries, publishers, magazines, people, subscription boxes, costume designers, and even one of my favorite state parks!
- I was a featured artist in a lot of cool events this year – Crafty Wonderland, the San Diego Festival of Books, Comic Con, and Cat Con!
- I made a new website! This one!
- And, of course: I have the most amazing people who support my artwork, shop, illustrations, and books: YOU. I regularly get to be a part of surprises, happy occasions, birthdays, inside jokes, memories, and holidays. That’s the coolest of all.
On that note, thank you for your reading this far, for your support of my artwork. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
I’ll be doing pop up shops in San Diego at Makers Arcade on December 9, and the Blind Lady Ale House on December 17.
Order by these dates for the best chance of arrival by December 25:
Outside the USA: Order by Dec 1 (for international shipping, including to Canada)
In the USA – First Class Shipping: Order by December 12.
In the USA – Priority Shipping: Order by December 17.
These are suggested order-by dates and not guaranteed, since the USPS is its own agency. But, order by these dates, and I think you’ll be in good shape!